Microsoft has released a slew of updates and enhancements to Windows 10. One is associated with Xbox. In case you didn’t know, Windows 10 includes the Xbox app, which is extremely useful for gamers.
Unfortunately, it appears that the recent update is making it difficult for users to sign into their Xbox accounts. When attempting to sign in, users frequently encounter the dreaded 0x409 error message: “We are unable to sign you in at this time.” “Please try again later.”
Now, if you’re an Xbox fan, this can be devastating. But don’t worry, we know how to fix the error “Can’t sign in to xbox app“.
Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live?
You will be unable to connect if there is a problem with Xbox services, and you may receive Xbox Live error 8015190E on your PC.
It’s possible that your network hardware is causing the problem, and a few users have reported being unable to connect to Xbox Live while using an Xfinity modem.
This is a serious problem, and if it occurs, you will be unable to play online on Xbox Live; however, there are workarounds.
Why can’t I sign in to the Xbox app on my PC?
There are several reasons for this, the most common of which is a lack of updates. You may encounter various compatibility issues if your system or Xbox app is out of date.
It is important to note that in order to use this feature, certain services must be running. Another cause could be your cache files, so it’s a good idea to clear them.
What are common problems with the Xbox app?
- Xbox app Windows 10 won’t let me sign in – This is a fairly common issue with the Xbox app on Windows 10, but you should be able to resolve it using one of our solutions.
- I’m unable to sign into the Xbox app. Windows 10 0x409 – Error 0x409 is another common issue that can prevent you from signing in to the Xbox app. However, by reinstalling your Xbox application, you should be able to resolve this issue.
- Xbox app Windows 10 won’t open – Many users have reported being unable to use their Xbox app at all, which is usually due to a faulty installation.
- Xbox Windows 10 not working – Several users have reported that the Xbox application is not working on their PC at all. Check to see if the necessary Xbox services are running to resolve this issue.
- Xbox Another common issue with the Xbox app is a Windows 10 login error. To resolve the issue, you may need to create a new user account and see if the Xbox app works on it.
- Windows 10 Xbox account error 0xbba, 0x3fb – When attempting to run the Xbox app, you may encounter the 0xbba or 0x3fb error. These errors are inconvenient, but you should be able to resolve them with one of our solutions.
4 Solutions to fix error “Can’t sign in to xbox app”
1. Install needed OS updates
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When Settings app opens, go to Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates button.
- Windows will now check for available updates and download them in the background.
- Once the updates are installed, check if the issue still persists.
2. Use PC repair tool to fix can’t sign in to Xbox app on Windows
Various issues related to the performance can often get solved by updating the machine to the newest version of the operating system, but some of the problems cannot be solved this way. There are times when errors occur due to changes and even corruption in system folders and other places. Reimage is the tool that relies on the Windows OS file database and checking the data on the machine that can trigger issues.
You should run this program on the machine and check for affected files, altered registry entries, damaged data, and other issues. Once the scan is done, you can repair those issues and fix the machine. You can know that no additional issues get in the way.
3. Make sure that Xbox services are enabled
- In the Search bar type services.
- Select the Services from the list of results.
- Scroll to the bottom and find the following services: Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service.
- Right-click the service and select Properties.
- Find Startup type section and set it to Automatic.
- If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Check if the app is working.
4. Clear the local Xbox data to fix can’t sign in to Xbox app on Windows
- Open File Explorer.
- Put the following in the address bar
- If you can see Accounts and Cache folders make sure to delete them.
- Try starting the app again.
That’s all we have to say about resolving Xbox sign-in issues on a Windows 10 PC. Hopefully, at least one of these ten solutions was useful to you. If you have any other suggestions, please leave them in the comments section below to Densbits.com help you.